Okay, I know it's been awhile. I've been really busy. And although we've been eating (a lot) -- I feel like I just haven't been trying anything new lately.
The other night our dear friends came over for dinner and amidst the wine and fun, I somehow assembled a meal that everyone enjoyed (perhaps it was the wine and fun that made it so tasty...) Anyway... here's the recipe
Marinade for the Salmon
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. rice vinegar
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 T. firmly packed brown sugar
2 T. hoisin sauce
1 t. ground giner
2 t. sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 t. lemon pepper
1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
1. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and lemon pepper.
2. Pour over salmon in a shallow glass dish
3. Cover and let marinade for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Grill the salmon, flesh side down first, directly on the grill grate, for about 5 minutes
5. Carefully turn the fish, for another 5 minutes
We also had oven roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese (oven at 450, brush with olive oil and cover with cheese) roast for about 5-7 minutes -- and basmati rice.