Monday, October 27, 2008

Lasagna With A Twist

Every fourth Saturday we bowl with our friends the Drissels. Their kids and our kids usually hang together while the parents bowl -- and we usually feed them dinner. Last Saturday I made this dish, I think it was pretty successful. My sister Karen sent me the recipe.

1 lb. ground beef (I used meatloaf mix)
1 jar (30 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 pkg. (14 oz) twist pasta, cooked and drained
1 lb. ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese)
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 T. grated Romano Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet brown the meat, drain the fat. Add sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes. Combine pasta and meat sauce. Combine the cheeses in a medium bowl. Place half the pasta mixture in a 13x9 inch pan, top with cheese mixture and then the remaining pasta. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. I usually top with some additional mozzerella cheese.

No comments: