Monday, July 15, 2019

Summer means peaches

Peach Cobbler

Peaches are like avocados -- there is about 5 minutes where they are perfectly ripe and we need eat them. My sister gave me a bag of peaches about a week before we went out of town, and they were ripe 2 days before we left. So I went on the inter-webs and found a great recipe for Peach Cobbler that I literally threw together for dessert on a weeknight. I am not kidding. I made dessert on a weeknight. I'm thinking we could cobbler just about anything now!

4-6 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
3/4 cup milk

Combine peaches in a medium bowl with 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Pour butter into the bottom of a 2 qt. baking dish.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup white sugar and cinnamon, mix well. Add milk and stir just until combined. Spread over butter mixture.

Top with peaches (and any juices).

Bake for 45-55 minutes.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: