Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mexican Lasagna


Okay, I had to post this one because my husband said it was awesome and dipped back into the dish a stunning THREE times during the meal. I got the recipe from the Food Network web site -- word of warning, it takes about an hour in the oven to cook -- but I made it with leftover chicken and ingredients I had on hand.

12 oz. cooked chicken, cut into cubes
1 c. salsa
8 oz. sour cream
1 1/2 c. mexican cheese
1 t. chili powder
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 can chopped green chilies

combine in a bowl and set aside.

Cut tortillas into wedges and line bottom of 10x10 dish (sprayed with non stick spray)
top with 1/2 of the chicken mixture
add another layer of tortilla pieces
top with second half of chicken
top with 1 c. of mexican cheese

Bake, covered by foil for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After 30 minutes, remove foil and bake another 30 minutes.

No comments: