Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kim's Vegetable Medley

We went to dinner at our friends' home the other night and they grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, you know the drill.  It was fabulous, don't get me wrong.  She served berries and salad and all sorts of good stuff, but THE BEST thing on the table was this mix of roasted vegetables.  I couldn't eat enough -- and I've made it twice since.  As a matter of fact, I just polished off the leftovers (and there were leftovers, believe me, because there is NO WAY my kids are going to eat this).  Kim said it came into being because she had all this produce and didn't know what to do with it... here's what I used:

Kim's Vegetable Medley

1 sweet potato cubed
1 onion coarsely chopped
1 zucchini 1/2" slices
1 green pepper cubed
1 red pepper cubed

Toss veggies in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until well coated.  Add 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. oregano, 1/2 t. parsley (or whatever herb you want to use). Pop in an 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

No comments: