Thursday, April 8, 2010

Summer Challenge -- Hamburgers

I've been uninspired lately -- finding it hard to try to put something new on the table. Mostly, its my family. They honestly don't seem to appreciate the time and effort it takes to create a meal. Nightly, someone tells me why they don't like what I've made. So I decided that this summer I would try to perfect something they all eat -- HAMBURGERS! (Of course, after my first attempt the other night, when only son 13 and daughter 11 were home, neither finished their hamburger) So what! I'm going to do it!

I read that Ina Garten puts egg yolks into her burgers (ummmm too much fat), but I did steal her idea to put a little pat of butter in the patty, and I brushed on some steak sauce at the end (under the cheese). Grilled the buns too.

Next time it'll be quality meat, and I'll figure out some other tricks too...

One a different note ... and just for the record...
last night I made that Salsa All'amatricina from Giada's book, and again, well received... but then again, it contains bacon... and everyone here LOVES bacon.

No comments: