Thursday, June 23, 2011

Black Bean Salsa

We're just getting started with summer, and I've already made two big batches of this delicious and nutritious recipe. I think it's great for those hot summer pot lucks where potato salad is a bit worrisome -- last time I made it, a neighbor said she'd like the recipe -- a sure sign that I should probably post it and get it into regular circulation.

Black Bean Salsa
2 cans of black beans, drained
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 bunch scallions, sliced
one ear of corn, cooked and kerneled
1 c. picante sauce
1 clove chopped garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 t. of cumin
1 t. of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all up and take it to a picnic! I've also added additional veggies like carrots if I have them around the house.

No comments: