Thursday, September 20, 2007

Penne with Tomatoes and Capers


I'm learning that it isn't so much that my kids are picky, it's just that they don't always want to eat what I want to eat. And the struggle is finding things that are exciting enough for me, and groovy enough for them.


I added Penne with Tomatoes and Capers onto the "22 Things" list, and really thought they liked it. But as anyone with kids will tell you, the dish that was a hit last month can be a stinker this month for no apparent reason.


I didn't get raves on this one, I remember once excused, several piles of capers and tomatoes left on the plates. But I loved it, and I WILL make it again.
The Recipe
Heat 2T olive oil add 2 cloves crushed garlic
Add 3 chopped tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes
add 1/2 c. chopped pitted Kalamata olives and 2T capers
Toss with cooked veggies, garnish with fresh basil.

No comments: