Sunday, May 28, 2017

Peppery Napa Cabbage Slaw

The neighbors invited us over for a Memorial Day picnic and I wanted to make a side dish that would feed a crowd. I found the recipe for Napa Cabbage Slaw on the Simply Recipes site. I've never used Napa Cabbage before, but this is great -- I especially like the peppery flavors, and the dressing was delicious. I think the fact that I had "hot" sesame oil added to the heat -- next time I might try it with just regular...


1/3 cup slivered almonds
4 cups (1/2 lb) coarsely shredded napa cabbage
6 ounces snow peas, sliced into half-inch slices on the diagonal
2/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (including greens)
2/3 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro

Dressing
1 Tbsp plus 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 clove peeled and minced garlic (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/2 cup mayonnaise

,

No comments: