Thursday, January 28, 2010

Darn You Alton Brown


So I just happened to catch Alton Brown the other night -- all skinny and bossy and full of information -- and he had these rules to follow. Seemed easy enough. I went out, bought sardines and almonds, and have been trying to follow his advice ever since.

I can't say that my weight has changed, probably because when he says alcohol once a week I take that to mean alcohol, more than 2 glasses of wine, once a week.. but I do FEEL healthier -- and that's what it's all about.

So I posted the list on the fridge, and the family reviews my "stick to it"-ness periodically

The List
Everyday
- Fruits
- Whole Grains
- Leafy Greens
- Nuts
- Carrots
- Green Tea

3 times a week
- Oily Fish
- Yogurt
- Broccoli
- Sweet Potato
- Avocado

Once a week
- Red meat
- Pasta
- Dessert
- Alcohol

NEVER!
- Fast Food
- Soda
- Processed meals/frozen dinners
- Canned soup
- "Diet" anything

No comments: